Tuesday, October 18, 2011

VOTE to VOlunTEer story - Sudarshan T


"When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream."

- Early 2011, my core was shaken & my heart was broken... Everything about me was in disarray & I was lost in an abyss where loneliness, depression, fear were my companions (to name a few)... I smiled to hide my inner reality but my SELF & its worth was at stake... By nature I was unto others as others were unto me, but deep within I wanted to be a volunteer... For many months I had searched the net, googling all the time, many calls were made to many phone numbers but then I was unable to connect the energy of the voice on the other end to the Cause they represented. I was disappointed and as days went by, my desire to be what I sought grew stronger...
- One day at work, in my random searches, I landed on a page in ngopost.org... that post, my 1st till then that drew me towards reading it again... Something within made me pick up my mobile, walk out of the office and call the only number that was there on the post... I guess that was the turning point when "I Voted myself to Be - Volunteer"...
The voice on the other side of the call was warm, unassuming and full of energy to the Cause which he represented... He introduced himself as Ajit and told me that the NGO wasU&I... The warm, friendly & welcoming conversation we had was the beginning of what I believe is a long, unending journey on the path of social change & the spirit of being a Volunteer...
- The moments I am associated with the cause, each & every Sunday I was at the Govt. home I have felt more Alive than before... The unassuming smile, hug given by the boys of the govt. home, the time spent with them and to see that what little contribution I was able to make brought in joy on their faces are priceless... Just that was enough to dissolve my past and I fondly consider all the boys as my Own... My own blood & brethren. I rediscovered my own Smile :)
- In my association with U&I I have even made some good friends... Ajit, SatishAbhishikth JohnEsther Priyanka,Kaustubh KauJohn PavanSuresh Babu G ... to name a few (others still not in my fb list)...
- ("Volunteer" - I believe for me is a way of life, a way of being, a way to truly smile from the heart seeing & feeling the sustained Smile in an Other - everyone deserves to Smile & feel the miracle of the power of unconditional Love).
- To those who are on the fence of "To Be or Not To Be"... I AM A VOLUNTEER... ARE YOU???

No comments:

Post a Comment